Take the Objectivist Challenge!
- Download and read the linked interview in its entirety. There is little evidence of any Objectivist ever having done so.
- Understand, this "interview" is made up of a series of Usenet arguments with many respondents in a plain text format, and was later assembled with many other philosophical topics, from Metaphysics to Ethics, as a book of philosophical interviews for the reader's convenience.
- Learn who Leonard Peikoff is. Many Objectivists seem to be unaware of his role in promoting Objectivist principles, and merely attack the author for mentioning him. He is an important figure for Objectivism.
- Avoid attacking the author personally if you respectfully disagree. Such Ad Hominem is a logical fallacy and only hurts the points you are trying to make. Although a little humour is fine, attack the ideas, not the person.
- This refutation of Objectivism is based firmly within Logic, Metaphysics, Semantics and Philosophy, and has never been adequately challenged. In order to adequately challenge this pointed and devastating refutation of the basis of Objectivism, you must mount a detailed counter-argument which not only re-establishes the Objectivist ideas, like "existence exists", but must also clearly dismantle the refutation. Good luck with that.
[ last updated: 7:35pm EDT - Sat, Jun 13 2009 ]